Attorney at Law
Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, 2002, LL.M.
Attorney at law Parvan Rusinov has more than 17 years professional experience in the field of administrative and commercial law, telecoms and IT regulatory, e-governance, competition, public procurement and European law, EU financing mechanisms and project management.
In the period 2001 – 2004 he acted as legal advisor in the Communications Regulation Commission where he assured the legal aspects of regulating the activities of telecom operators, authorization of telecom operators, public procurements, development of secondary legislation and administrative acts, statements and reports, litigation before Supreme Administrative court, etc.
From 2004 for a period of 5 years he was the Deputy Director “Regulation and Competition” at the Bulgarian Telecommunication company AD. As such he gained management or representative competencies in the following areas:
- Electronic Communications Act, Law for Protection of the Competition, Personal Data Protection Act, etc.
- Representation before competent state authorities on central or regional level
- Legal representation in administrative and administrative-penal cases
- Participation as an expert in the working process of the Parliament commission of Transport and communications to the 40th National Assembly for drafting Electronic Communications Act and others
In August 2009 he was appointed Deputy Minister of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications. His duties included determining and implementing of the state policy, including:
- Legislation – Electronic Communications Act, Law on Electronic Document and Electronic Signature, Postal Services Act, Law for Access to Spatial Data, Road Transport Act, etc. (more than 20 secondary legislation acts, including the Strategy for e-governance in Bulgaria 2011-2015)
- Representation of the State at the National Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the services of the European Commission
- Management of complex strategic e-government and broadband access projects under OP “Administrative capacity”, “Regional development”, “Competitiveness”, “Transport”, “Rural Areas” DP
- Large number of advisory services to Council of Ministers (chaired the National Radio Frequency Spectrum Council and the Council for Spatial Data)
- Representation of Republic of Bulgaria to the Council of the European Union and to the services of the European Commission
- Inter-institutional coordination
In 2012 Attorney Rusinov became member of Sofia Bar Association.