Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, 1999, Master in Law
Attorney at Law Pavel Velchev has 18+ years of specialization and professional experience in the sphere of regulation, external relations, administrative, commercial, competition and corporate law. Attorney Velchev is a licensed industrial property representative. In 2013 he was entered on the list of professional representatives before the Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (Trademarks and Designs) and is now a licensed European Trade Mark and Design Attorney.
At the beginning of 2000 Pavel started his career at the State Telecommunications Commission being actively involved in the work of the STC resolving disputes between telecommunication operators, connected with interconnection and access.
In October 2001 he became member of the Sofia Bar Association.
Later Pavel became part of Lega InterConsult – Penkov, Markov & Partners Law Offices where he acted as Attorney at law to many foreign investors and local clients such as Vodafon, Strabag, Daimler Kreisler, Siemens, C&W, Telenor, Antenna Group, Inter-brew, the Swiss Government etc.
Since 2004 he was appointed a Director of External Relations Regulatory and Competition Division of the Bulgarian Telecommunications Company AD.
He formed a team of 10 lawyers, financial and technical experts who are working solely in the field of telecom regulation and competition. He was involved in all regulatory and competition projects of BTC AD, BTC Mobile EOOD (Vivatel), BTC NET EOOD, Bulfon AD, and RTC EOOD (Mobikom), including but not limited to:
- Reference offer for interconnection of BTC AD, Reference offer for the provision of the service “leased lines” of BTC AD, Reference offer for the provision of local loop unbundling access of BTC AD, General Conditions for the fixed voice services and termination of the VOIP channels of the alternative operators;
- Legal and regulatory implications from the implementation of the NGN project;
- Preparation of the new structure of BTC collocation services and preparation of the regulatory documents in this regard;
- Court and other litigation procedures;
- EU compliance projects;
- The launch of Vivatel and all regulatory projects of Vivatel (interconnection agreements, numbering, compliance with the license conditions, general conditions for the relations with the end-users etc.);
- Many other regulatory and competition projects;
- He was member of the working group to the Parliamentary Commission for Transport and Communication for the preparation of the Electronic Communications Act in force;
- He was deeply involved in all regulatory processes in the sphere of telecommunications during the last 14 years, including but not limited to regular meetings and correspondence with DG Info Soc and other EU officials.
In 2010 he established Velchev & Co. Law Office. In the recent years Mr.Velchev’s practice has focused on international M&A, competition law, PPP, commercial law and insolvency procedures. He is advising both state owned and private companies and banks, which are among the leaders in their spheres of business.